SUPPORT ENGINEER WHO WANTS TO BE PART OF DISRUPTING THE ENTERPRISE VIDEO DISTRIBUTION MARKET
Do you want to participate when expanding the first-class support and maintenance department? Read on! At Hive Streaming you will be part of a dynamic international team with some of the world’s biggest brands as customers. Hive Streaming’s vision is to transform the enterprise video distribution market and we need your help.
Hive Streaming provides high-quality, efficient and secure software-based video streaming and performance analysis solutions.
Every day we help leading Fortune 500 companies to become more productive by making their networks and communication platforms more efficient. Thanks to our innovations, people can view high-quality on-demand and live video on their own devices without expensive investments in extra bandwidth or hardware. We collaborate closely with leading webcasting and video platform providers such as Microsoft, ON24 and Talk Point to name a few.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Hive Streaming Support team is expanding, and we are looking for a colleague in US, preferably Washington DC area.
You will be joining our Global Support team within the Delivery organization and help Hive Streaming to bring enterprise video streaming to the next level using cutting-edge P2P technologies. As a member of our team, you will be part of communicating, documenting and educating people, as well as troubleshooting and upgrading the product on millions of devices.
You will provide guidance and solutions to ensure that tickets are moved forward in a timely manner or redirected to the right parties internally.
Additionally, you will participate in the growth of our internal knowledge base as well as maintaining our install base for existing customers.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE DO?
- Primary communication channel between customers and internal teams
- Follow up and drive forward tickets for both internal and external support
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer problems methodically
- Have deep knowledge of our existing products
- Curate and grow our help center and knowledge base
- Make sure that Hive and Jira Service Desk best practices are followed
- Upgrade and maintain Hive Streaming deployments all over the world
- You love clear communication with people and building relationships with your customers
- You are able to empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues
- You’re a team player that can follow and lead as situations dictate
- You’re able to make decisions and solve problems
- Efficiency and process improvement mindset
- You have an ability to explain complex issues in beautifully simple terms
- You’re curious and can ask the right questions
- You’re able to plan, organize, and prioritize work – this role handles many tasks!
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- At least 1-year experience in a technical Customer Service role
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Technically minded and interest in learning (or existing knowledge of) Networking, P2P, video streaming and live video
- Good understanding of technical maintenance processes
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF:
- You enjoy helping others solve problems with an analytical approach
- You have networking or P2P experience, and like to be the subject matter expert by diving deep into a product
- You wish to provide guidance on the continual development of internal knowledge bases
- You seek a friendly and fast paced small company environment
Start date: As agreed – position available now
Salary and benefits: Competitive
Location: Washington DC, US
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resumé to Hive Steaming here and we’ll take it from there.