Work at Hive Streaming
For all positions, please apply at email@example.com
Software Engineer PDF
Hive Streaming provides a software platform for video distribution which is used by several Fortune 500 companies. Our main product, Hive, expands the capabilities of popular video distribution systems, such as Microsoft’s Skype Meeting Broadcast and Office 365 Video, to deliver truly efficient video streaming into enterprise networks. Hive also offers advanced analytics to customers and administrators to manage and troubleshoot issues in their video broadcast deployments.
Ours is a company with a fast paced and diverse working environment. By joining us, you will get the opportunity to work in an international team of skilled engineers and have an impact on a growing company with great ambitions.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our development team and help us improve Hive. As a member of our team, you will help us design, develop and maintain core APIs and SDKs that interact with third party components such as video players, provisioning services and content management systems. Besides purely technical duties, you’ll also be asked to work closely with customers and partners to make sure that Hive works correctly and according to specification in their environment.
• Understanding of Python, Ruby or another dynamic language
• 2+ years of experience
• Great communication skills, both verbal and written
• Bachelor or master in computer science/engineering or equivalent
• Basic Windows and Linux knowledge
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
• Knowledge of HTTP-based video streaming protocols
• Knowledge of video streaming players
• Knowledge of Typescript
• Proven track record in integration of complex systems with third party components
• Experience working with RESTful web services experience with agile methodologies
• Familiarity with Scala
Hive has currently three office locations: Stockholm(Sweden), Berlin (Germany) and the US. This position is however only available at Hive Streaming in Berlin.
• Your choice of laptop/tech gear
• Mobile phone
• Nice office in central Stockholm or Berlin
• Subsidized health activities
How to apply:
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.