Work at Hive Streaming
For all positions, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Engineer PDF
Hive is a fast growing start-up revolutionizing the distribution of enterprise video for our customers – including some of the largest companies in the world. Our cutting-edge products maximize the business value of video streaming whilst keeping the network impact to a bare minimum.
We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our Product Support team. You will be providing guidance and support for our customers.
Also, as one of the first members of this new function, you will help define many of the processes and participate in the growth and curation of our customer help center and internal knowledge base.
Who you are:
• Able to empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues
• Curious and can ask the right questions
• Able to plan, organize, and prioritize work
• Proficient in both spoken and written English
Your skills and experience:
• At least 1 year experience in a technical Customer Service role
• Technically minded and interest in learning (or existing knowledge of) networking, P2P, video streaming, live video
How to apply:
Submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject of “Support Engineer” and we’ll take it from there.
Frontend developer PDF
We are looking for a frontend developer to join our Customer Frontend Tools team to help building the next generation of web-based tools for our customers. Our tools include administration, monitoring, and statistics of events and deployments.
Our backend has tons of data that we crunch using our big data cluster and then visualize in our frontend tools. We have an agile workflow and develop our tools using Typescript and frameworks such as AngularJS, Highcharts, and D3.
Experience in Highcharts/Highmaps, D3, Gulp, Karma/Jasmine, BackstopJS or Kafka Streams/Spark is a bonus.
Our team is spread geographically and use online collaboration tools like Skype for daily meetings. We need you to be available daytime (European timezone) but your physical location isn’t that important. You can choose to work from home or from one of our offices in for instance Stockholm or Berlin. Every now and then we’ll fly you to our HQ in Stockholm.
How to apply:
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
Windows Systems Engineer PDF
Part of your work will be to maintain the MSI installers and help us develop the code for our automated installer build chain. Office365 administration and internal IT support for our Windows users is also a small part of the job.
Since we are a small company, you will need to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. It can be anything from helping out in the Ops group to develop some new software.
We want to see that you have relevant experience, that you like automating away repetitive work, that you have good attention to detail, an aptitude for learning new skills and that you have empathy for your teammates and our customers.
How to apply:
Tell email@example.com about why your skills, experience and personality make you a good fit. If you want to submit a CV, make sure it’s txt or pdf. We’d like to see some of your code, but it’s not essential.
You are an innovative thinker, happy to take the initiative, a driver of change, dedicated to creating a better experience for our customers and passionate about technology. You have at least 5 years of experience of delivering IT solutions to large international enterprises. You have a higher education degree and relevant work experience
Your Team is the Technical Account Management (TAM) team; a newly formed department responsible for delivering the Hive Streaming service to our fortune 500 enterprise customers, and to support our customers as a trusted advisor in close cooperation with our Partners and Channel Managers.
The TAM role manages the implementation of our VDN solution, and manages our customers from a technical prospective. You will project manage across both internal Hive Streaming teams and the customer’s stakeholder teams, including video streaming, networking, desktop & security.
U.S.-based, east coast or west coast.
You will be required to carry out the following tasks on a day to day basis:
• Work across multiple, concurrent projects with small to medium-sized distributed teams
• Effectively manage relationships with IT delivery teams, and facilitate collaboration
Technical Project Management:
• Status Reports
• Status Meetings
• Executive Briefings
Technical Account Management:
• Technical sales presentations and pre-sales support for our partners and/or Channel managers
• Demonstrate our service with confidence
• Engineer world-class enterprise video solutions with our partners and customers
• Translate customer needs into requirements for our engineering teams
• Understand the end-to-end video workflow from encoding to distribution
• Steeped in video streaming technology: from HDS to HLS, Smooth Streaming to MPEG-DASH, IP Multicast, Windows Media, Flash Video, DRM & more
• Proficient in HTML and video players – including HTML5, Adobe Flash & Microsoft Silverlight … you’re not afraid of code
• Knowledge of content delivery networks & service offerings, cloud services and architecture
• Knowledge of mobility platforms and streaming video on those platforms
• Understanding of enterprise architecture & networking, including routing, firewalls, VPNs, Wi-Fi and InfoSec policy
• Proficient with industry standard tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, Wireshark, ffMpeg, HandBrake, VLC & more
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Travel is part of the job, both domestic & internationally
Integration Engineer PDF
We are looking for an integration engineer to join our development team and help us integrate Hive with multiple customer and partner systems. As a member of our team, you will help us design, develop and maintain APIs and SDKs that interact with third party components such as video players, provisioning services and content management systems. Besides purely technical duties, you’ll also be asked to work closely with customers and partners in order to manage the integration process and make sure that results are delivered according to specification and in a timely manner.
You will join a group of passionate and highly motivated individuals with strong technical and academic background. In addition to an analytical and structured approach to solving and managing problems, we require you to have strong social skills in order to successfully interface with different teams in and outside Hive.
This position is only available at Hive HQ in Stockholm.
• Great communication skills, both verbal and written
• Enjoy collaborating with business partners and engineers across the company to understand and solve problems
• Bachelor or master in computer science/engineering or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience
• Understanding of Python, Ruby or another dynamic language
• Basic Windows and Linux knowledge
Knowledge of the following is a plus
• Proven track record in integration of complex systems with third party components
• Experience working with RESTful web services
• Understanding of and experience with agile methodologies
• Understanding of and experience with lean and continuous improvements
• Familiarity with C++
Ours is a company with a fast paced and diverse working environment. By joining us, you will get the opportunity to work in an international team of skilled engineers and have an impact on a growing company with great ambitions.
• Your choice of laptop/tech gear
• Mobile phone
• Nice office in central Stockholm or Berlin
• Subsidized health activities